EngEDU 2/2014
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EngEDU 2/2014

Forum for English Major students, Faculty of Education, Mahasarakham University, Thailand

บ้านบ้าน  Latest imagesLatest images  ค้นหาค้นหา  สมัครสมาชิก(Register)สมัครสมาชิก(Register)  เข้าสู่ระบบ(Log in)  

Are you a superstitious ?

Go down 
2 posters
ผู้ตั้งข้อความ
Jamrut009
ผู้อำนวยการ
ผู้อำนวยการ
Jamrut009

จำนวนข้อความ : 214

Are you a superstitious ?  Empty
ตั้งหัวข้อเรื่อง: Are you a superstitious ?    Are you a superstitious ?  EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 9:23 pm

Yes I do. I am a superstition.
I believe about to sing a song while you are eating, you will be married to the old person.
It is one of the most well-known superstitions in Thailand and most of adults
will usually tell this with their children to stop singing while they are eating
something. If we think critically we will see the moral lesson in this belief.
Singing while eating is impolite, because it can make the food and saliva be spat
out and there is a possibility for the food to be stuck in the throat also. So it is
the strategy of ancient people to make the children eat appropriately.

Jamrut 009 4EN
ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down
Tharinee046
ผู้อำนวยการ
ผู้อำนวยการ
Tharinee046

จำนวนข้อความ : 260

Are you a superstitious ?  Empty
ตั้งหัวข้อเรื่อง: Re: Are you a superstitious ?    Are you a superstitious ?  EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 9:32 pm

I am quite superstitious sometimes for some stories.
As being a Thai, the adults taught me some superstitions I have to do and do not allow to do.
I think being superstitious doesn't mean I am pliant because superstitions can control me to do good things.
Some superstitions warn me before doing somethings; it helps me to be more careful.
Some superstitions can protect me from health problem.
For example, Thai superstition says do not sing while you are eating because you will have an old husband.
It may sounds funny but the intention of this superstition is to protect you from food stuck in your throat which is dangerous.

Tharinee 046 4EN
ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down

Are you a superstitious ?
ขึ้นไปข้างบน 
หน้า 1 จาก 1

Permissions in this forum:คุณไม่สามารถพิมพ์ตอบ
EngEDU 2/2014 :: Taking Risk Room-
ไปที่: